The secret to make the perfect Margherita Pizza lies in the ingredients. Even though the toppings are simple the taste doesn’t have to be. Start with our pizza dough and try to find the rest of the ingredients in specialty stores.
Let’s talk ingredients, shall we? The cheese we used for our pizza is Mozzarella made with 100% buffalo milk. In other words we used the real deal. You can easily find it in your neighborhood’s natural store. When it comes to herbs, it is always better if you grow them yourself, that way, your herbs will be as fresh as fresh can get but “fresh” grocery store herbs will do, just make sure they are of top quality.
Our homemade marinara sauce pairs perfectly with our Margherita pizza. We’ll post it soon so you can use it as your pizza sauce, pour it over meatballs or pasta, etc. This is gonna sound too cliché but the possibilities are endless!
- 1 Pizza dough ball
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Pizza Sauce
- 6 oz Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 Basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dust pizza dough with flour and stretch into a 14-inch round and transfer to a pizza peel or baking sheet
- Spread the olive oil. Start at the border and work the oil towards the center of the pizza
- Spread the pizza sauce from the center out. Leave a 1-inch border
- Slice the cheese thinly and arrange it over sauce
- Bake for 6 to 7 minutes
- Julienne basil leaves and sprinkle them on top before slicing